Sunday, February 13, 2011

Poem alert: New Beginning

I like to write, what I call, poems. Others might call it rambling or randomly collected phrases. Nonetheless, I plan to start posting them on the blog. Might even go old school and post some cute ones I wrote in the prepubescent phase.

one day at a time

one set

one second

one breath

one bite

it all starts with a moment you decide to change

you decide to live

to not give up on yourself

my weight is a challenge

its physical

its emotional

its mental

its everything

it is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life

yet I keep on going

Today I am choosing to start new

I know this will not be my last do over, my last relapse

this is my first moment to learn who I am

to grow up

to be the woman I want to be

for myself

for ME

this is one of the moments I am changing

the physical weight is just one part of my journey

what else will change along the way

No comments:

Post a Comment